https://optimalnutritionprotocol.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ONP-Recipe-Pumpkin-Recipe.jpg 4001 4001 Optimal Nutrition Protocol https://optimalnutritionprotocol.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Optimal-Nutrition-Protocol_Logo.png Optimal Nutrition Protocol2019-05-08 17:00:242021-07-11 17:54:52Pumpkin and Ginger Soup
Pumpkin and Ginger Soup
- 1 large shallot about 50g, peeled, cut in half
- 1 long red chilli about 10g, cut in half
- 8 cm-piece fresh ginger about 30g, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 limes zested and juiced separated
- 1/2 fresh coriander about 8g, leaves and stems separated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 medium carrots peeled, sliced
- 900 g Kent pumpkin peeled, seeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 5 cups chicken stock or water
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- Blend the shallot, chilli, ginger, garlic, lime zest and coriander stems in a food processor to form a paste-like mixture.
- Heat a medium heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and paste and cook for 2 mins or until mixture is fragrant. Add the carrots, pumpkin, stock and all but 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk. Cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a blender, and working in batches, puree the soup with 2 tablespoons of lime juice until smooth and creamy. Season with salt. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with remaining coconut milk and coriander leaves.