Crispy Baked Garlic Tofu
A heartwarming snack for the monsoon season, these bite-sized pieces of tofu are sure to treat you right. Enhanced with garlic, baked to crispy perfection and topped with chilli sauce: what more do you need on a chilly evening!
- 100 Grams Tofu cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 No Garlic cloves Minced
- 1/4 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 Tbsp Onion powder
- 1/8 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tofu pieces on a silicon baking mat or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the tofu for 35-40 minutes until golden and crisp around the edges, flipping the pieces halfway through.
- When the tofu is almost done, make the sauce. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, soy sauce, onion powder, brown sugar and sriracha. Add cornstarch and water to a small bowl and mix until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Add this mix to the saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and stir until everything is completely mixed and the sauce has thickened. If your sauce is too thick, you can add another 1 tbsp of water.
- Add the baked tofu to saucepan and coat with sauce. Serve warm.